Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, July 6, 2015

The photo above was taken a few weeks ago at a zone conference in Barbados, and features the outgoing mission presidency, along with Elder Platt, second from left in the back row. We just received the picture through a mission newsletter online, and decided to post it this week because there are no new photos from Rob in his emails. He is excited for Randy's baptism this coming Sunday. Here is his email: "Randy is doing great and he'll be baptized this Sunday! Can't wait! It's gonna be rad. He's pretty stoked on it too. I know it'll help to have more priesthood, or soon to be priesthood, considering there are only like two active holders here. :P Anyway, time is just going really slow right now, but I told myself from the start that I'm not gonna give up, so I'm just biding my time right now. Just want you to know I love you guys and I'm so glad that I was raised the way I was, with morals and such. So thank you! Any who, I just finished John and a lot of it is still confusing but I'm getting into Acts right now. I just wish I had studied this stuff a little more before I came out here. haha. I feel so inadequate sometimes. O well. I am just struggling with some home sickness this week, but it is what it is and nothing is gonna stop me from progressing this work! HOW'S BAXTER??? [the dog] Tell him I miss him and I'll be home soon. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment