Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Rob in Vincy with Glasses

Picture taken as they landed in St. Vincent. Is it just me, or does it look like they are landing on a patch of grass?
Rob is happy to be in St. Vincent, in a "tripanionship." I asked him about the glasses, and he said he bought them in Grenada. His theory is that they make him look smarter, so contacting is easier with the glasses. Anything that works. Here are his notes from the field: "HEY, St. Vincent is good. I'm in a place called Campden Park! It's pretty cool. We have a LOT of hills and it's cool to serve around these elders. Yes, I said elders. Elder Anderson wasn't able to leave St. Vincent to his intended destination in St. Maarten quite yet because Carnival in St. Vincent JUST ended, so a bunch of people have to stay here and wait for their plane to take them. Right now I'm with Elder Jackson and Elder Anderson in a trimpanionship, as we call it. Lol. It's been fun. I think all elders should be in a tripanionship. It makes teaching easier AND it makes living together much more fun. So this week we had an investigator tell us she couldn't understand the concept of being able to repent in the spirit world. I tried to convey to her that it was no easy task and that repenting in the spirit world is NOT ideal. But she seems to think she can just live her life and repent after she dies and be fine. So I'm trying to think about what to say to her next time, cuz in the moment I was kinda like... well, I mean I guess. Lol. So we'll see. Funny story: We were going to a lesson and we got stopped by a crowd of Pentecostal missionaries (had no idea they even evangelized, but there ya go) and they wanted to have a prayer circle with us because they could tell we were depressed? haha. It was funny, they were like, 'God told me you are depressed.' So I said, 'Elder Jackson, are you depressed? Elder Anderson, how about you? Nope. We're good, thanks though.' ;) Lol. Anyways, we had a prayer circle and held hands and they told us they hope we become Christians some day -____- I was like, 'O my goodness! LOOK AT THE NAME TAG!' *face palm* How many times do we have to go over this before people start to understand? Anyways, kind of a funny story. It's really beautiful here! Also really hot. Haha. Reminds me of Barbados heat! Probably because it's around the same time of year I was in Barbados last year. Lots of rain, too, though! No one has been baptized here in a long time, but I plan on changing that just now ;)... hopefully. I see a lot of potential in a few of the investigators we have. But anyways, everything is great out here. I love it! Thanks for the encouragement, as always! GO PADRES! So stoked to hear they beat those stinking Giants, man! 'Bout time! Let's be real. The closing pitcher for the number one team in the division just so happens to catch his cleat and balk in the winning run on MORMON NIGHT!? I don't know, sounds like some kind of sign. haha! Love you guys, take care! Bless up, mon."
Camden Park looks like a suburb (?) of St. Vincent's capital city, Kingstown.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a patch of grass to me. I live his theory on the glasses. Alycia did that when she student taught at a high school (before she wore glasses) so she'd look older than the students. She also tried to dress older. I love reading Rob's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a patch of grass to me. I live his theory on the glasses. Alycia did that when she student taught at a high school (before she wore glasses) so she'd look older than the students. She also tried to dress older. I love reading Rob's posts!

    ReplyDelete