Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Breadfruit and Limeade

The video above was taken by Sister Herrington at a recent zone conference. In the video, Rob gives us his Christmas greeting from St. Vincent at around the 55 second point. Here are his notes from this week, some of which are in answer to our many questions: "Yes! We were roasting breadfruit with Omari [see photos below]. It was really good! I don't know if I've already told you, but breadfruit is a lot like a potato, just in my opinion a whole lot better! Smoother consistency and such. And yes, it was very good! Haha. We did also kill another chicken, this one was very old and was suffering so Omari said we needed to put it out of its misery. :/ Elder Jones was very sad because he absolutely loves chickens. Haha. The tree climbing was us getting some "limes" out of a tree. I'm not sure you could consider them the limes we are used to but none the less they were Caribbean limes. We were picking them to make lime juice with our breadfruit. Haha. There are no mission rules about tree climbing as of yet. But never say never. We had a fun P-day today!!! Made breakfast with all the missionaries at the church! It was pretty cool. Guess you guys got to see the video Sister Herrington posted from zone conference. Pretty funny! Omari is doing well. He does a lot of cool things for us as far as showing us St. Vincent traditions and stuff. I probably don't show enough appreciation or gratitude for all the stuff he does for us. I think he's doing fairly well, though. LaVerne we haven't seen for awhile, just due to conflicting schedules with sickness and storms and all that jazz. Casley's been sick this week too, so it's been kinda rough. The branch wants the  missionaries to put on a skit for their Christmas party on Friday though. Haha! I'm not too sure how that's all gonna go down, so pray for us! The picture with the elders was from zone conference on Saturday. We were with Elder Mikolysky, Elder Nixon, and Elder Smith. They are all really good guys. As for me, I will continue to work and try to bring people closer to the Savior. It's amazing to be able to have the time to think about Christ and the opportunity He's given us. Like, where would we be if there was no Christ? Of if Christ's mission had failed? Would we even be here? Just very incredible and makes me feel grateful for Him. Transfer dates will actually be on December 28th, so I would arrive in my new area on that date most ideally. St. Maarten would be a stronger possibility than going back to Barbados, but we'll see what happens. I made a request during my interview to go back to Castries, St. Lucia for the end of my  mission, but President said he's not too sure how transfers are going to work so we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. Elder Jones and I found some Christmas lights that we hung up in our apartment! We also have a little Christmas tree in our room. Haha. It's nice! That'll be so cool to see Shelley and Brandon and the kids for Christmas [Skype]! That's probably the last thing the kids wanna do on their Christmas Day is see their stinky uncle, but it'll be cool for me at least! Haha. And yes, we're getting down to the wire. Pretty amazing stuff! I didn't think I'd ever see the day when I have three months left, but here we are! Thanks for the support. I love you guys. Thanks for the Christmas wishes and I will see  you all very soon.Take care. ;). Love you! Bless up! One love."


The green thing is apparently breadfruit.


Rob with roasted breadfruit


















Up a lime tree, harvesting



Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment