Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas in St. Vincent

Rob sang "Mary, Did You Know" in a duet with Sister Stewart.
Kingstown Branch in Saint Vincent being favored by wonderful singing missionaries at the Christmas Party Friday evening. Rob is in the black Christmas hat.

















Calliqua Branch in Saint Vincent with singing missionaries at Christmas party.


Many thanks to Elder Booth for the pictures of Rob at various branch Christmas activities this week. It's been a busy week on St. Vincent, so we were happy to hear from Rob today. Looking forward to a chance to Skype with him on Sunday! Here are his notes from the field: "O my worddddd!!!!! Haha. Sorry couldn't get emails out in time Monday or yesterday either! Been super busy running around doing Christmas stuff/pday stuff :P And YES, I'm stoked to see you guys on Sunday! It’s gonna be so cool. Haha. I’ll call you guys Sunday after church and we’ll set up a time. Sound ok? And you have no reason to feel bad about the Christmas package! It was exactly what I needed and I'm sure it wasn't cheap! So tytyty for that, it let me keep some memories out here which is priceless for this particular time. :) haha. The Booths are pretty cool people and do a lot of good work out here. I’ll tell them thanks for the pictures. Christmas is just around the corner. And yes, I did sing a duet with Stewy (sister Stewart). Lol. And there is a video on her camera. Maybe I’ll get it for you soon. :) She asked me a million times to sing at the branch Christmas party, and I kept refusing. Haha. Eventually I said "I’ll only sing it if you sing it with me." Bahaha, so we sang it together. It was pretty fun. And yes, they love their parties here. The Kingstown branch put on a bunch of funny skits that had me in tears! Haha. It was hilarious! Then again when you’re a missionary for long enough anything is hilarious. Haha. I  have a sweet Christmas gift for you! It'll be very Caribbean. Haha. And homemade. But I think you’ll like it! I’ll give you a hint: It’s made out of these things called "donkey eyes." Haha. I’ll attach a pic [no picture came through].;) And the dogs do deserve medals!!! They are so brave and courageous! (Well, mostly Baxter.) So apparently for Christmas we will just be doing the first hour of church, which means I’ll actually be free from 10:00 AM till the rest of the day! Which should be nice! I love the idea that you might be able to put the Skype up on the TV screen. That will be great to see the whole family, and Baxter won’t get cut out! That’s very comforting actually! I’m glad Nana is getting adjusted a little better! That’s nice! It’ll be fun to see Shelley and Brandon and the kids for Christmas too! Looking forward to it. I’ll see you on Christmas and we’ll talk more. Yes, there is a choir in the branch. They sang last week though, so I'm assuming they will be off the hook this week. The branch I'm in now is SOOOO nice I think I've already told you about it but we have like 6-7 returned missionaries in the branch and it runs super smoothly :) Huge blessing, I really don't want to leave. :/ But we’ll find out about that Saturday, I'm assuming. And no, I will not be speaking on Christmas. :) Thank you so much for the words of encouragement though, I'll try to exert those Christ-like attributes as much as I can :) Less than three months now! Looking forward to it. I’ll see you on Christmas and we’ll talk more. Sorry for the short email :P Love u guys! I will continue to "go and do." :)"


Found this picture of "donkey eyes" online. Should be an interesting Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment