Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy birthday, 2+ weeks to go



Elders Platt and Hendricks. Mon.


By way of explanation, I asked Rob to send some good pictures of him with his new companion, Elder Odihambo, and also a better picture of him with Elder Hendricks. The pictures above are what we received today. And for the uninitiated, “trunky” means he is eager to come home – ready to pack his trunk. Here are Rob’s notes for this week: 
“Things are going really good! The new apartment got left nice and clean, it’s also a LOT bigger, which is really nice! Christina still lives in this area. In fact, I think we’re going to be able to baptize her three girls by the time I leave! Hopefully it works out. I remember talking to her before about it and she had told me that their grandfather was against it. But on Sunday I told her we should just do it anyway, and she told me she was thinking the same thing. We’re going to try and set a date for February 25th with them, so pray for us that her heart will find that acceptable. I’m gonna talk to her more about it tomorrow. The tripanionship is awesome! Haha. Dying here with Elder Odihambo. Man, couldn’t have asked for anything better than that! Also, it was way cool to hear about Sister Layton’s departing testimony! She sure is a good missionary! And cool to hear about Sister Daynes and the talk she gave. Sometimes it can be hard to see people as children of God, especially when they are being rude and what not. But something I’ve learned to do that has helped me is picturing these people in temple clothes. It helps me understand their potential as sons and daughters of God. Something to think about, I guess. And don’t worry about making me too trunky. I have two weeks left. Haha. There would be something seriously wrong with me if I wasn’t trunky by now! I keep people on a constant reminder of how much time I have left. ;) Gotta rub it in, ya know? Kind of a tradition for departing missionaries around here. I’m putting school and finding a wife in my first priorities when I get home. I really want to be fully enveloped in my education, but mostly getting the edge on what comes for my degree, you know? While going to school I want to prepare myself by learning how to write code and other different computer languages so I can be ahead of the game when the time comes. We’ll see how all that plays out though, I suppose. O, and a fun story for the week. In St. Vincent I bought a high powered laser pointer. But I had forgotten the charger for it, so Elder Odihambo and I decided we’d make our own charger. Haha. We ended up frying the battery. But now we are planning to rig the thing with AAs and give it a little more ‘kick.’ Haha. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll be sending pics for ya. Other than that, things are wrapping up pretty well here. Hope all is well back home. Thanks for the birthday love! And thanks for helping me stay strong. Love you guys! Have a great week!”




 




No comments:

Post a Comment