Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Still Trunky


Rob will be home in less than two weeks! Maybe we are all a little trunky. Here are his notes from today: “HEY! O man, almost the last email!!! Kind of wild right??? A little trunky is an understatement. Lol. Sorry about the photos. I forgot I sent some kind of bad ones. I’ll be sure to get on it this week. It'll be cool to see Elder Kuru when I go to the mission home. And Elder Sandbakken got transferred to be the zone leader in barbados, so I think he was saying he and Elder Kuru will pick me up at the airport. It'll be really fun to see them both again! It’s been hard to stay focused this week! I’m doing my best, but then I keep thinking about Baxter. Poor Bax!  How has he gone this long without his man cave? One more email and I’ll be home in a few days after that! I am continually studying, however, and making the most of my time out here. Trying to fit everything in while I can. My birthday was good! The package arrived on time as well, so thank you for that! I got a lot of sweets I need to work off from this past week. We went to Christina’s house. That was the day we set the baptismal date with the kids. I don’t know if I told you about Christina’s grandkids, but they are supposed to get baptized this weekend. The only problem is that the grandfather is Muslim and says that if they get baptized that he’ll stop funding the kids’ schooling. Ugh! Anyway, I told Christina to call him again with a prayer in her heart this weekend and see what happens. I just would be heartbroken to see those little ones not get baptized. But, it is the Lord’s will so we will just do our very best and hope and let Him make the decision. That’ll be really cool to see everyone when I get home, though! I’m excited for that! Hope you don’t expect an entirely different person when I come home, cuz I’m pretty sure I’m exactly the same as I was when I left.  Kind of a short email, sorry. I am excited to see you guys and of course Baxter! O Bax! What a good dog! But I love you guys and thanks for all the prayers! I can feel them! See ya soon.”


No comments:

Post a Comment