Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, June 8, 2015

How to be Happy (!)

Rob sent just a couple of short notes today, letting us know things ("tings" in Basian) are going well. Here is his note to Roger: "Things here are good, just trying to hang in there. One of the missionaries that has been here since I got here is having a hard time and I'm the only he really gets a long with out here, so I've been trying to boost his spirits a bit. He's a good dude, he just doesn't like listening to authority and rules and all that. lol. Can't blame him I guess, but at the same time you gotta do what the Lord wants if you wanna be happy. Simple as that. We went on splits and I was with his companion and got a little bit of insight on the situation. Both good dudes, just some people don't get along. But it made me grateful for having a good companion right now, and I'm sure I'll run into that scenario at some point in time, but we'll see. Investigators are coming along well, just need to help 'em out more." Rob received a package from home this week, so he also thanked us for that. In my note he wrote, "Things here are going well. We did a lot of contacting this last week and met some cool people. Met a guy who pulled us aside while we were trying to help a kid get his kite off a phone line. The guy told us he was trying to quit smoking and wanted to find religion, so we're gonna start teaching him this week. It was cool to talk to him, so we'll see how it goes. Tell Baxter I miss him and that he's allowed to sleep in the man cave [Rob's room] all he wants!" He added, in response to my email telling him we may take his room air conditioner for our bedroom until he returns, "Baxter will be upset if you take the A/C unit out of his man cave. He likes to nap in luxury." I sent him the reference D&C 121:39, as it relates to Baxter and his unrighteous dominion. Below is a picture of Rob with Vinique's younger brother, Chris, one of Rob's seminary students.

No comments:

Post a Comment