Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Spelunking in Barbados

Lots of great pictures and some news from Barbados. Here is Rob's most recent email: (1) Regarding the weather, "Yes, lots of rain but not constant. It just comes randomly super hard for like 10-30 minutes, then back to the heat. Sometimes it'll rain without a cloud in the sky that you can see. It's really weird." (2) Regarding the work, "Teaching is going well. We set a baptismal date for Randy and he really seems like he's gonna go through with it, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Every day here is like a spiritual experience. I've never felt so close to the Lord. Just finished the Book of Mormon and now I'm starting the New Testament, and I'm like half way through Mark. Kinda cool to read more about the Savior and all he did." (3) Regarding Roger's recent recognition as Volunteer of the Year in Rancho Penasquitos, during which he was identified as a member of the LSD Church, "Haha! LSD Church. That's hilarious. Congrats on the award. Your name will be at Hilltop forever! Did I ever tell you about when I used to skate down Hilltop with Jake? What a rush." No, he did not. (4) Regarding Basian culture, "I can understand pretty much everyone now, no problem, even Jeff if I really pay attention. As far as exotic food goes, it's just been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Lol. There is a place called Mapps, where we go on occasion and get this chicken and fries and the BBQ sauce is amazinggggg! (5) Regarding today's P-day activity, exploring caves, "These Vans have been on top of the mountain where Brigham Young first saw the Salt Lake Valley; on beaches and in caves at Barbados; played tons of cool shows; and skated some really cool spots! Haha. They've been through a lot with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment