Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

We asked Rob if there were any special happenings in St. Lucia for New Year's Day. Here is his response, including answers to other questions: "Nah, we didn't get to do any celebrations for New Years Eve or New Years Day :P, but we had a pretty good time contacting! Haha. [I asked if there was anything more we could do to help him in the mission field, he said:] You guys do plenty of things to help me out! I appreciate everything you do, I really do. It helps me get through my day. I love all the deep stuff you send me, too. I just got the letter talking about how Islam can be related to Lamanites. Haha. That was really good. Never thought of it like that. So we talked to an inactive family that converted to Seventh Day Adventist, and I pretty much went in there and tore their religion to pieces (in a nice, loving way ;)) and they are now going to start coming back to church! haha. It was pretty cool. You would've been proud of me. Basically, I was trying to explain to them that Christ is in all of the Bible. Like, everything in the Old Testament is leading up to His coming. I pretty much told the guy he's being more of a Jew than a Christian. Lol :X But hey, it worked, so no worries. [In response to my question about whether or not he needed me to send more recipes:] Nah, I'm good with recipes. I'm just making stuff up as I go, pretty much. Like the other day I made brown rice, boiled veggies, and tuna with pepper sauce and soy sauce. It was pretty good, and healthy!;) I'm just trying to get in better shape and becoming a better missionary every day. Those are my goals, mostly. I hope I can help bring things to the table here in St. Lucia. Our zone leader seems to think I'll be the zone leader here after he leaves this transfer, but we'll see. I could really care less. haha. [I also asked what he likes hearing most in emails. He said:] Hearing about family stuff more, I think, just because I get spiritually fed all day every day. haha. But new insights to certain things are really good too. [And in answer to my question about his recent move to St. Lucia:] The move was fine. I had to take some Christmas presents to a girl here in St. Lucia, but other than that it was fine. The new missionaries that had just arrived didn't receive a return ticket, so they were held back for a bit. Nothing too interesting, though. The baptism is for sure still going to happen this Saturday! Should be cool! But hey, I'm going to send a bunch of pics so you can see what I've been up to. Love you guys and can't wait to be back home!!!! Oh, one more thing: I would like more pictures of Baxter!:D"

No comments:

Post a Comment