Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Notes from the world-wide missionary broadcast

The only photo Rob sent this week was a picture of the interior of a Catholic cathedral he and his companion came across in their travels, which he described as "creepy." So I have posted here a map of the Caribbean with a star on St. Lucia, since I've had several people ask about where in the world Rob is serving. Click on the map to enlarge it. In his emails, Rob mentioned a world-wide missionary broadcast he viewed this week. Sounds like there were great messages and counsel for missionaries. Here are notes from Rob's emails: "It's true Christ is always teaching us. It's one of the cool things about life, that we're always being refined and made into something better. As long as we're doing what's right, of course. The broadcast was good! A lot of it was stuff I have already taught in district meetings in the past, with a little more insight on the importance of using the Spirit in teaching. Something that really stuck with me was that you WILL not convert anyone with doctrine alone. And I came to the realization I've just been trying to prove to people on paper why the Church is true and it hasn't been working for me lately. Then I realized during that broadcast that I haven't been using the spiritual confirmation as much as I should. It needs to be the center of it. But ya, anyways, I'm gonna work on that throughout the week. The space theater thing sounds really cool! [We are planning to see their film on Jerusalem this week.] Can't believe we can go to the very place that Jesus Christ walked the earth, performed all those amazing miracles! I would love to go to Jerusalem some day. I think that would be so cool. Although I would imagine you would have to be careful considering all the wars going on. I'm sure that's how Jesus would've wanted it, right? lol O well, I'm sure they'll figure it out someday, right? And thanks again for the encouragement, I really needed that. Have a great day/week :D I'm gonna get going. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment