Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Jah Bless!

Baptisms are up on the island of St. Vincent, and Rob was happy to be part of one on Saturday. He sent more pictures this week, including these from the baptism. Here are his emails: "This weekend was really good, the baptism went well. Elder Jackson baptized Jevoni. It was really awesome! I probably mentioned this before, but Jevoni has been taught by dozens of missionaries in the past and finally he was ready to take the step! There have been a lot of baptisms in St. Vincent these past few weeks! Kinda cool cuz last month the whole mission only got 4 baptisms and now St. Vincent alone has had a total of 5 in 2 weeks! It's funny, I was talking with Elder Wilson (my trainer/first companion) over email and he told me he had taught Jevoni while he was here. Kinda funny, cuz Elder Wilson served in Gouyave too, so we were able to catch up on all the areas. I am sorry to hear President Ellsworth has been released, he is the best! I like the comparison you told me about in his talk with the coins. That's really cool. Ya know, it seems like we all judge ourselves on our self worth and how much we've accomplished in life, but if we keep the big picture in mind we aren't taking any of that with us. It's kinda like Mom's last email about our personal light. That's really what matters in this life. Putting the Lord first is what will bring us eternal happiness. In answer to your question about the Zika, ya, it is fading away. I'm not too worried about it any more. Hopefully they come up with a vaccine of some sort. Thanks for sending the article about Chris Roundy! That's crazy! Man, I haven't seen that kid in forever!!! That's so cool. haha. Maybe he can cure my virus! One can only hope. I'm not feeling 100% today, kinda just feeling out of it, but things will get better, right? haha. Wish you guys were here to tell me that they will be. Hope all is well on the home front and you guys are doing well. That'll be cool to have Jana and the kids there though. This week's been an emotional rollercoaster, BUT I'm hanging in there, ya know? One day at a time. Poor Baxter! He is so misunderstood! He never gets enough attention. Love you! Jah bless!"

No comments:

Post a Comment