Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, November 14, 2016

Staying in Vincy!

This is what happens when Rob doesn't send pictures. I publish a picture from another week that may not show him in the best light. However, there is good news from Vincy this week. Read on for details: "Vincy is pretty darn good! I get to stay with Jones in Campden Park for another 6 weeks! Haha. Longest time I've ever served in an area. Pretty crazy but cool at the same time. They want me to be a district leader again, and we got some really cool missionaries coming in! Fun stuff! Omari is doing okay. I tried to set a baptismal date with him but he wants to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true before moving forward, so hopefully that comes through soon. Casley is a super star! He wants to preach the gospel to all the people in Great House (his area he lives in). I kinda shared with you before but we are teaching his family too and I could see them accepting it all very soon. We had an "eternigator" at church on Sunday (eternal investigator). Lol. She's been taking the lessons for a LONG time. Her name is Laverne. I feel like I have been making some huge progress with her, though! Answering the tough questions and getting down to the knitty gritty with the Bible as a reference. It's been productive. I was, however, surprised to see her at church because a few weeks ago she invited her sister to a lesson and they seemed very anti. But I did tell her I was staying and she seemed very pleased. Her exact words were, "You never know. I might get baptized one of these days." Haha. Her main concern is that she has already been baptized in another church, so I talked to her about Acts 19:1-6 and how even Biblical people were re-baptized. Also shared a bit about authority with her and used Hebrews 5:6-7 with her and kind of explained that if Christ Himself couldn't give Himself the authority, what makes us think we can? That seemed to stick with her more, so we'll see what happens. Everything here is going great, though. I'm thinking we'll be baptizing this transfer, but we'll see. Casley is going to come teaching with us much more frequently this week and hopefully we can find some sweet new investigators! Other than that, LOTS of rain these past few days here in St. Vincent, and I'm sure most of the Caribbean. Lots of landslides and lots of flooding! It's been crazy! but we've been staying safe. My prayers go out to Nana. I really hope everything calms down. I can only imagine, I get accustomed to living in an area for 18 weeks and am bummed out when I have to leave. I can't imagine getting accustomed to a place for 50+ years, and then move without the right mind set of what's going on. Must be frustrating for her. Hopefully she can be at peace. I'll continue to pray for Nana and hope she can kind of forget about all the other things and just settle, ya know? Sorry for the short email this week. Love you guys! Take care!"

No comments:

Post a Comment