Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Feast

Thanks to Omari for messaging these great pictures!








Rob sounds upbeat and positive this week. Maybe it was the turkey. Here are his notes on their Thanksgiving week in St. Vincent: "Heyyy! So the Thanksgiving feast was a blast! We had turkey, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and rolls! Haha. It was... well, stressful. Haha. But also a lot of fun to be able to feed everyone a nice meal. I understand now how stressful getting meals like that together can be, though. My hat goes off to ya! We had the zone leaders help us with most of the stuff like the turkey and the stuffing, but I made this yam casserole that was amazing! Haha. I made it with sweet potatoes though. Which is the same thing as yam? I don't know. It wasn't orange, so I wasn't too sure. Got your recipes just in time. It was enough to feed everyone. The sisters brought pies and the other elders brought rolls and mashed potatoes. I don't think a lot of the members understood what Thanksgiving is about, because I got a lot of 'gimme more!' and 'I'm still hungry' from people who weren't invited and just kinda showed up. Lol. At least they seemed to enjoy the food they got. But Omari came and really enjoyed it. He's started to read the Book of Mormon a little more, so that's nice! Hope he'll get something from it. Casley did not make it, unfortunately. But I'm doing well! Lots of fun this week, maybe too much. Haha. That's cool to hear about the family's turnout for Thanksgiving. Sounds like you guys had a lot of mouths to feed. Too bad Wes didn't make it.
Thanks again for the package! It will be put to good use! O, man, life in the tropics is fantastic! The weather last night was surprisingly cold! Sooooo nice, especially since we had to walk up Great House last night (a pretty lengthy hill). Rain is sometimes little drizzles, sometimes big two-minute rain followed by a scorching heat! Haha. And other times the rain will last all day. But all in all it's better than COMPLETE sunshine! The work is going well! But no, we haven't implemented the 'Light the World' as of yet! We need to get some cards to hand out. I think that would make things much easier. Tell Nana thanks for the letter! That was good encouragement to keep the journal going, which has... been slacking as usual. >.< Sorry. I'm really bad at that. I'm stoked to be a part of this work, but at the same time I'm really excited to be at the end of it. Hope all is well on the home front. Thank you so much for everything! Enjoy the week and tell Nana I miss and love her. O! And Bax too! Thank you for all the love. It means the world to me! I'll keep on 'going and doing' as Dad says. Haha! And maybe one day I can come back home and relax. Love you guys. Take care!"




























No comments:

Post a Comment