Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Twenty gone, Four to go


Thanks to Elder Jones for the quadra-selfie. Rob is still waiting for a replacement camera to arrive, so in the meantime we are most grateful to get any photos from the field. This week marks Rob's twentieth month in the Caribbean, which means he has four more to go. Not that anyone is counting. Here are his emails from this week: "Haha, 20 months!?... that's it? Haha. Just kidding. The time is going by just as it should! Ya, I mean, I just hope we can see a little more success in Campden Park before I leave. Assuming of course that I do leave. lol. Omari is doing pretty well! He came out to church on Sunday, so that was cool to see him there. We're hoping to see more out of him as far as reading and such. LaVerne however did not come to church, but I get a good feeling about her progressing in the near future! And ya, Casley is awesome, he has such a strong testimony! Haha. Ya know, when you spend 9 months in Barbados getting in nothing but heated discussions on the Bible it tends to help you learn your scriptures.  :P And I hope the same applies to schoolwork at home :O I wanna crank it out asap. haha. Thanks again for sending the package. That was wayyyyy too nice of you guys to send me ANOTHER camera -____- I have the worst luck :/ I'm glad Nana is doing better and is adjusting. That puts my soul at ease a bit. All thanks to Bax of course. haha. I also really hope things continue to turn around for Nana and she becomes little more comfortable at home. It's good she has the caregiver there.  I'm sure experience with this kind of thing goes a LONG way. But she will continue to be in my prayers day and night. And with Baxter's love I don't know how anyone in that whole house can complain! He's such a good boy!!!  The picture of that box you sent me [see photo below] is pretty funny, although I don't think I've ever had a Suzy Q before. And yes, we are planning on doing a Thanksgiving dinner for the missionaries in the district :P Hope all will turn out well, considering I'm not much of a chef >.> haha. We'll see. As far as moving forward we're gonna do our best to further the work here and make it an easy transition for the next missionaries that come out. Just know I love you guys and I'll be home soon! Tell Bax I miss and love him too!!!!! :( 
PS: I'll be sure to hook Michelangelo [Rob's pet turtle] up with some lettuce. I have a good pic of us eating sandwich meat together. haha. He's a good turtle. I'll get pictures for you later. Sorry, we didn't bring the card reader :/. Thanks for everything!"

Thanks to the Moehles for this box of goodies - which we did not forward to Rob.  Suzy Q's seem to have returned "'cause Rob's been missing her." Funny, none of us realized she had left. I guess she is not a Twinkie.


No comments:

Post a Comment