Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

What an amazing Mother's Day gift it was to be able to Skype with Rob Sunday afternoon. He looks great and sounds wonderful. He said two of his investigators had attended church that day, so he was mightily encouraged about the work they have been doing in Barbados. The funniest part of the visit was when I put Bentley (the dog) up to the camera so Rob could see him. Rob's friend (branch member) Jeff was sitting behind him, and the look on his face was priceless. He squinted at the camera as if to say, "What kind of animal is THAT?!" Poor Bentley. He is special. Here are the letters we received from Rob the next day, on Monday, May 11, along with a picture of Rob and his companion. Also, a quick photo I snapped as he was talking on Skype. Email to Mom: Heyyyy! It was so cool talking to you guys! Ya, I dont think Jeff knew what type of animal Bentley even was. lol! But I'm doing about the same out here and doing work. Here are a few pictures! O ya, one thing I forgot to ask you about is I saw someone who had a shoulder bag that carried just his quad! I don't know if you could find something like that for me, but that would be so cool! Anyway we're going to play board games on the beach today for p-day, and then we're going to teach Troy again! Hopefully he'll accept baptism more fully. :P That's so cool about Dad! He earned his claim to fame, that's for sure. [Referring to Roger being named Volunteer of the Year for Penasquitos last week.] Hope you had a good Mother's Day, and just know that I love you so much! Thanks for helping me out in my times of need, and thanks most of all for putting up with me. I know I can be a lot to handle, but you always saw me through till the end and I appreciate that! Also, how's Baxter!? Tell him I miss him even though he doesn't want anything to do with me right now :( [Baxter would not respond to Rob's Skype call. Perhaps he's pouting?] Email to Dad, in response to Roger's email: Thanks, Dad! I'm grateful to have it [the gospel] in my life as well. I was just thinking about how if I wasn't born into the gospel that I don't think I would've been able to find it for myself, what with all the different religions out there. But I'm so happy to be a part of it and help others to come into it as well. Hopefully I can get done what I need to get done and get back to my regular life though. haha. Thanks again for the uplifting words.
Fortunately, there was enough delay on the Skype connection that Rob didn't know I was taking his picture until it was too late to duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment