Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Blessings and Volleyball

Rob's posts from last week were a bit delayed because of a bank holiday in Barbados (Whitmonday, or Pentecost Monday), and further delayed by my absence from the home computer. Here are his notes home, received on 5/25/15: In response to Roger's letter in which he expressed his gratitude for how Rob's mission is blessing our family, Rob wrote, "That's so rad! I hope it continues to bless the family back home! Please let me know how everything is going. It makes me feel like I have a purpose out here. Taught Troy yesterday and he was going through a really rough time so I gave him a blessing of comfort and he said afterwards that his headache went away and he was actually laughing and having a really good time. It's cool to see that play out and see the blessings the Lord trusts us with. I asked him what he thought caused that headache to go away and he said in a quiet voice "the Spirit," so I'm hoping that he'll remember/recognize that and keep working towards the church. Other than that, it's been a fairly uneventful week but I'll let you know more on Monday!" In his notes to me, Rob wrote: "Things are ok here, just trying to do the work. And yes, I'll be in Barbados for another 4 weeks until the mission splits, then we'll see where they'll ship me off to. I killed it in volleyball today (duh) but I was called the mvp numerous times due to my awesome dives/saves. haha. We had our zone conference yesterday and it was pretty cool! Elder Wilson gave his farewell testimony which was cool. Can't wait till I can give mine. haha. Just kidding. The work is good and I'm trying to make every minute count and do the best I can do. How's Baxter??? I miss him!!!! Nothing really exciting has happened since last week. We have pday on a Wednesday this time due to the holiday and library being closed which is why you didn't hear from me. Anyway hope all is well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment