Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Grenada Bound

Rob is being transferred this week to the island nation of Grenada. He will be sad to leave his friends in St. Lucia, but is looking forward to the challenge of a more remote field of labor. Here is a map of Grenada and a picture of the capital city from the air - perhaps the way Rob will first see his new area.
Here are his emails from today, a bit scattered, as he is no doubt trying to get his things organized for the transfer and say good-bye to the wonderful people of St. Lucia: "Haha, ya. Grenada it is! I'm excited for it, it should be cool! Guav [Gouyave, a city on the west coast of Grenada] is one area I wanted to serve. I remember Elder Wilson (my trainer) telling me about Guav and how fun it is, and also how bush it is (bush means like forest area) so I'm pretty excited for it. It's kind of comical how last transfer was one of my most successful transfers and now I'm no longer District Leader. Lol. Still a little confused about how all that works out. Heck ya, Johnathan is one of the coolest people I've met out here. He's such a good dude and deserves so much more than what he's been given, you know? I know I really need to start doing more writing in my journal. Starting next transfer I'm on top of that. But on a positive note, I do get to teach my LAST district meeting! Haha. Been a long tome coming, right? Thanks for the love and support, though. I know it has gotten me through a lot this past year. But hey, we're pretty much half way done, right? Then I'll be back and we can party it up in San Diego! haha. Looking forward to that. Hopefully the next year goes by a lot faster than this year. Apparently it does for everyone, but I'm hoping I'm not an exception to the rule. lol. I'll let you know how Grenada goes, though. It's going to be the toughest area I've had to face yet on my mission, but I really am excited for the challenge of a really third world part of the area, you know? Hopefully it will go well. Thanks for the support. But I hope everyone back home is safe and doing well. Love ya!"
Saying good-bye to St. Lucia. Mom note: Johnathan has a brother and grandmother in Grenada, and he assures us Rob will be looked after by his family. Thank you, Johnathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment