Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Rob only LOOKS like he is on vacation in these photos. But we are glad he enjoying his service in Grenada, as evidenced by his email today - in which he actually answered some of our questions, a nice surprise. Here are his notes: "I did not speak in sacrament meeting, no, but I did teach priesthood on Easter Sunday, which was cool! Taught a lot about the Fall and how Christ is the one way to be relieved of the Fall. Kind of tried to break down the Atonement process by explaining that the Garden of Gethsemane was for our spiritual cleansing and the resurrection was for us to gain back our physical body. People had kind of a hard time understanding it but I think by the end of it everything was cleared up. But holy crap! I've been eating the most delicious food here! They call the local food "provisions" which I guess makes sense. haha. It's mainly a variety of plantains, rock figs (different kinds of bananas) baked chicken, rice and peas (they call beans peas) and usually cabbage mixed with carrots. :P its been REAL tasty. haha. Sorry for not explaining the photos. lol There's a lot that happens throughout the week that I forget about. Every Wednesday we go to an old folks' home and help the care takers there with whatever needs to be done. I walked in on this man the other day playing bass guitar, so naturally we had a long discussion... of things related to the gospel of course! ;) But mostly about music. It was fun to pick it up again and jam out a little bit. Lots of kite flying here. I don't know if you remember but last year around this time people were flying a lot of kites. Apparently during the Easter season it's a big deal. So we joined in the festivities since everyone and their Mother was busy on Easter weekend. lol. It's funny because it seems like every corner has somebody selling kites and yet everyone has their own makeshift kite. haha. Like ones made out of a trash bag and sticks. lol. We met a less-active who was building himself a kite on Saturday and invited him to a group picnic thing yesterday. He ended up showing up with his kite he made and got the thing going really high up in the air. We also played a lot of cricket yesterday. People are still trying to show me how to hold the bat but I can't help holding it like a baseball bat... I may be a little bit stubborn, but you know when your hitting 6's who really cares how you hold it, right??? haha So ya, that was pretty much my week. My studies include reading out of the Book of Mormon recently and it's fun to see the differences reading it the 3rd time through, always new and different things. Had an investigator start challenging me on Joseph Smith and how he was a Free Mason -_____- . Kinda drove me bonkers. Just doing my best out here. As far as coming home early, I haven't been praying about it as regularly as I should. I have had a lot on my mind this past week as far as our investigators go and such, but I will find an answer soon enough. Three months doesn't seem like THAT long of a time but maybe you are correct, we will see. I think a lot of it will have to do with the college options, though. For instance if I need to take the SAT's or study before I enter in or whatever the case may be. I think though that it's fairly normal to come home a few months early for school. I know my trainer went home a few months early for school, and he was like the most obedient missionary ever! haha. But I'll still ponder and pray about it. OK, love you guys! Excited to talk for Mothers Day!!!!!! Bye!
We were glad to get an explanation about this picture, sent by Rob last week, and glad to know Rob and his companion are serving in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment