Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Zone Conference, St. Lucia

In spite of a zone conference Friday and a baptism Saturday, Rob is feeling somewhat discouraged about his service. We would appreciate prayers for him this week. No pictures yet from the baptism, but here are his email notes: "I got my package, it was really nice! Thank you for doing all that for me. I know I can be a hassle sometimes, so thank you. Hopefully I can look back at all this and say I walked away accomplishing something. Hopefully everything works itself out. The baptism went off without a hitch, so that was nice. The baptism was great! Holy crap! Lots of fun and very spiritual. She was confirmed the next day and everything went really well. She is such a solid member and I can't wait to baptize her little girls eventually, and have them all sealed together. It'll be awesome! The name of the woman is Sancha. Remember the three little girls I took a picture of and sent them to you? It's their mom. I didn't have my camera for the baptism, but I'll snag pictures and send them to you guys later.
That's cool to hear about Dylan [Dylan Howard, recently called to serve a mission in Kentucky. He mentioned Sunday that Rob was a good example to him.]. He was probably just being nice, but either way the fact that he's serving a mission is incredible. Let him know I'm super stoked for him and that he's making the best decision of his life. Other than that, all the week has been pretty hard. I'm just having a rough time getting along with people lately. Just trying to get through it all and persevere till the end. Work, work, and work some more. Lol. That's my strategy! Hopefully I can start to see blessings come from it. Anyways, love you guys. Miss you a lot, and hope all is well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment