Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pictured: Rob in his "lava lava." Looks like a towel to me, but he called it his lava lava. Wrong ocean? He was happy to spend P-day with the other missionaries in Grenada on a field trip to Concord Falls. Here are his notes from this week: "Haha. We went to the waterfalls today which was a lot of fun. Very cool view. Ya, the waterfalls were rad! There was a little pool next to the waterfall :( wanted to swim in it so bad. lol Well, this week has been good. We've been trying to contact a lot of the less actives in the area still but it's hard to get them to commit to much of anything. Brother Allison came to church this last Sunday again, which was really cool. I wanna see him get a sweet calling in the group. And his fiance will hopefully be getting baptized very soon. We're gonna see Brother Allison tomorrow and try to make some weights (metal pipe with concrete on each end.) haha. And he's gonna feed us so that'll be cool. I hope it's tannia porridge again. That stuff is so bomb! My new comp Elder Lameta is a good guy. He's from Samoa and eats a LOT. haha. Fun to serve with, too! What I tell all my investigators when we talk about the plan of salvation is like, 'God promises that everyone will be given the opportunity to either accept or reject His gospel before we are all resurrected, and that this could be your opportunity right here right now.' Hopefully it puts things in perspective with people, letting them know the importance. The hard part is I know how fun it can be in the moment to be living 'in the world.' It's hard to just give up everything and totally commit to something that 'might' be true. That's why breaking everything down with testimonies and showing proof of the truth is so important. Otherwise, why would anyone leave behind their things they enjoy doing? Heavenly Mother, O boy, ever try to explain that to anyone before? Not the easiest thing in the world. lol. Reminds me of when we were invited to a 'scripture study' for a Pentacostal church. Well, we weren't invited, but people in my district were and they said they needed me there to back them up with scripture. lol -____- It was awful. This lady basically got up and pulled out a sheet that talked about why every other religion was wrong. I was able to explain EVERYTHING on that sheet about the LDS church except the Heavenly Mother thing. That never really sunk in with them. lol. Good stuff. I don't know what else to report! haha I can never remember everything. O ya, I don't think I ever told you about when we helped out the group leader. Our group leader, Brother George, is building his own house and so we had to haul 56 cinder blocks up this HUGE cliff. So we just carried them two by two for an hour or so. But afterwards we took his cutlass and cut down a few pieces of cane (sugar cane) and munched on that while sitting on the side on a rock on this big slope. We even got a nice ripe pa-pa (papaya) and ate that too. Then from Brother George's garden he made us this really delicious soup! It was bomb! haha. Kind of a cool story. I forgot my camera but I'll have Elder Dancan send me some photos he got on his. We also have been finding a lot of tamarind around on the ground. I don't know if you've ever heard of that, but it's basically this really sour nuts/fruit thing. I don't know how to even explain it but they are really good. I feel like you could just live off of the land out here, so many fruits. Especially now that it's almost mango season. I can see them all getting super ripe and they all look so tasty. haha. Probably should be sharing more spiritual experiences but that's kind of what my mind is on right now... can you tell I'm hungry? haha. Ok, well I'm just about out of time so I'm gonna go and eat something! Love you guys! Thanks for the support back on the home front! I appreciate you guys so much, and I'll cya in about 10 months... but who's counting right? ;) Bless up gas!"
Blue steel?

No comments:

Post a Comment