Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Plum Tree, Better Weather

Rob explained this picture in his email, but even now I am not sure whether it is turned the right direction. Yes, that is Rob in the tree. Here are his notes from this week, in which he actually answers a few questions (!): "Explanation: The tree was a plum tree at a member's house that this little boy wanted me to climb to get him some plums. haha. I was like, 'Psh, you don't gotta ask me twice." So I scavenged some plums for him and then everyone and their mother started coming out wanting plums, lol, so I stayed up there for a good minute throwing down plums for the neighborhood. In answer to your other question, there are no building codes here. You pretty much just pick a spot and start building. And by building, I mean put cinder blocks down and sheet metal for your roof and you're good to go. They call the stuff they make the roofs with 'scaffold,' or at least that's what they called it in Barbados. It's weird getting used to all the different terms for everything in the various countries. Regarding your comment about the weather [we noticed on the weather app that it was raining and the temperature down to 81!], seriously though, the weather lately has been amazing! It's nice to NOT be sweating all day and night for once :P. Sorry for the late response. Yesterday was a holiday so we are having P-day today instead. Seems like every week has a holiday of some sort here. lol. This week has been all right. I got sick at the beginning of the week and just started to recover when Elder Lameta got sick with the same thing, so we haven't gotten to do a whole lot this week. :/ But we had an activity with the group yesterday for the holiday that was a lot of fun, and Brother Allison came to it and brought stuff. He seemed to have a really good time, so that was nice. But other than that just been reading a lot of scriptures. Been going through the New Testament again, marking a lot of scriptures that have to do with visions in the Old and New Testaments. The reason being that a lot of people here seem to believe that anyone who sees God will surely die. So then I explain to them that it's only if they aren't worthy. I just don't see God being limited to much of anything really. But that's just my take on it. Sounds like on the contrary, you guys have been VERY busy, though. That's cool that Alex had a good time on his birthday and his baptism was good as well. I'm bummed I couldn't be there to see it, but oh well. How is everyone doing there? Was it cold in Utah? Sorry, not a whole lot to report on this week. Just trying to survive. lol. Time seems to be going by a little faster now however, which is nice. Seems like I'll be home in no time. I feel like since I hit my year mark it's kinda been a little bit more relaxed. Just need to keep myself occupied with the work. Anyway, it's a new week and time to buckle down and get to work. Just know I love you guys so so so much and cannot wait to be back home again. Thanks for helping me with everything! I am excited to talk to you on Mother's Day - you have no idea... maybe you have some sort of idea. ;) haha. Miss you, and Baxter of course! Love you guys, talk to you Sunday!!!
More Blue Steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment