Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Eating Hamsters

No, Rob has not been eating hamsters this week. This is just one of those annoying titles on the interweb, designed to get you to click on a link. However, he did THREATEN to eat a hamster, so there is a kernel of truth... as usual. Here are his emails from Grenada this week: "Holaaaaa! Happy early Fathers' Day! Haha. I don't know why we can't call for Fathers' Day too. Seems sexist to me, but what can you do? Lots of stuff going on. Mission life, right? lol. Courtney sent me a cool article that talked about things people wish they had done more on their mission, and one of the things was that he wished he 'hadn't hated being there so much.' Haha. I kind of feel like that'll be me when I come home. Like, 'What was I complaining about? That was great!' One can only hope, right? But yeah, we ended up doing the scripture study and FIVE people showed up :O. It was epic! Haha. Not including the missionaries either. WOOT! So that was rad. Sister George came to church Sunday for the first time since I've been here (a little over 3 months now - wow, time flies). So that was awesome as well. The group really welcomed her with open arms, almost as if she had never left, so THAT was really cool. Less actives are coming along well. I think we're just around the corner from turning this group into a branch. Reactivations really are a big rollercoaster. The struggle is real. Sister Cato AND Brother Carlyle didn't show this week, BUT Sister George did so that was cool. One leaves another comes. Can't win. [We sent Rob a picture of his niece's beloved new hamster. This is his response:] Tell Lynlee her hamster is the stinkiest thing I've ever seen and that I will cook it and eat it. Muwhahahaha - with an evil laugh. We took a SWEET hike to Qua Qua mountains today! Holy poop, it was so cool! The view was amazing. Like we were high up with the clouds kinda, and when the wind blew you could see the cloud hit the mountain and then fly up in your face. Haha. It was so cool. I'll send pics I took with someone else's camera cuz mine ran out of batteries. Brother Stewart might've posted some stuff too so you might wanna check that out. But ya, the work is progressing. I'm trying to have more fun with everything. I miss carpet, A/C, my computer, BAXTER OBVIOUSLY, my bed.... O man, I miss my bed. Haha. Okay, I should probably stop before I start to go insane. But just know I love you guys and am excited most of all to hang out with you and to start going back to school and start my life. Haha. I'm ready! I'm excited to come home but I also know the Lord wants me here for now, so I'll be continuing the work with as much diligence as I possibly can. Thanks again for the support. You have no idea how much it lifts me up every week and gets me refreshed to start again. So thank you. I love you guys so much. Thanks for the emails and I'll talk to you next week!"
Rob must have run out of time before sending any pictures of his hike to Mt.Qua Qua, so I lifted a few from Google images. The hike is about 1.5 hours each way.
Hiking Mt. Qua Qua.
The view from Mt. Qua Qua.

No comments:

Post a Comment