Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Rainy Season

The picture above, courtesy of Sister Layton, is from last week's P-day hike up Mt. Qua Qua. We have ordered a new camera for Rob, so he will (hopefully) have no more excuses. Here are his notes from today: "Happy Father's Day! Late Fathers' Day, of course. And thanks for the new camera. Sorry I'm so needy! Church was okay. We had about 12 people there and even talked a bit with some of the more solid members about reaching out to the less active members, just cuz it's a lot better when a secure friend comes to visit them instead of someone who is only there for a short while. I'm really hoping that President Herrington doesn't shut down the area, that would really bum me out. Sorry about your heat wave, but you are right, although it is hot here Grenada is VERY green. I love it. But if it makes you feel any better, our room has no windows and no a/c and no hot water. Oh, and a cockroach infestation. So that's my life right now. Bahaha. Fun stuff! Apparently we are entering into the rainy season and it's been raining like nobody's business! Things are really wet lately, but hey, the work continues, right? We make jokes, because apparently the saying goes, 'Every time you walk in the rain on your mission your future wife loses 5 pounds.' So the ongoing joke is, 'Well, either my future wife is an unhealthy anorexic right now or she's not born yet.' lol. But things here are moving slowly but surely. Seems like we're seeing a lot of the same people over and over again. I'm thinking we're gonna start finding some new people to teach this week, so we'll see how that goes. I totally understand the struggle is here for a reason, so I can look back and say I did that. Scripture study was us, Cake (our group leaders nickname) and Rachel. Could've been better, but what can you do? Just feeling a little discouraged. But I am grateful for your help, I'm really grateful for the way you raised me. I feel like you gave me a good balance of freedom and trying to guide me. Sorry I went off the path for a while. I'm sure that wasn't easy to handle as a parent, but I can assure you it won't happen again :). Sorry I don't have pics again. I'm the worst. I'll get them to you though, promise! Thanks for all the help you give me and being there for me. I appreciate it. Love you guys! See you soon! Hope you got to enjoy Fathers' Day! Bless up."

No comments:

Post a Comment