Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Seven Sisters Falls

Rob was able to go to Seven Sisters Falls with the other missionaries in Grenada today. He said it was "very cool." Not the air temp, of course, but the scenery. AND, he sent photos! Here are his email notes from today: "85 and rainy. How'd you know? Same old weather here. Sister Maico, who I came out with, just went home because of a knee injury sustained while playing beach volleyball. Kinda sucks, especially since it has enforced a rule that we are no longer allowed on beaches. :/ O well. But in her email she said even in the middle of summer in LA it's still cold there. haha. Gonna be quite the change coming home. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure that there are some people who, just by having a quick chat on the bus or even some of our investigators, will have their hearts softened to future missionaries. Sometimes that's just the best we can do, you know? Scripture study class and church are about the same as usual. Three showed to scripture study and ten to church. Some old faces we haven't seen at church in awhile, some familiar faces missing. Lol. I swear they have like a schedule set on who comes to church so others won't come. But regardless, they are out there and just need to feel loved and cared for, I think. I ended up teaching the group discussion at church. It was about retaining a remission of our sins. Maybe you had the same topic? I don't know, it was given to our group leader by the St. Georges branch president, so I'm assuming it's like a worldwide thing? Lol. Not too sure, but anyway, it went really well. I decided to hit more strongly on the sacrament and how important it is, and the opportunity it gives us to refill our spiritual glass each week. I hope I did't sound like I was guilt tripping them into coming to church too much, that's kind of what I was trying to avoid. I tried to make it seem more inspirational and encouraging, but sometimes you don't realize how well it comes off. Half the people were asleep anyways. haha. Whenever someone falls asleep, I immediately call on them to read a scripture. Lol. It seems to work, so why not, right? haha. Things here still suck at my apartment. Even the senior couple that came to visit said that it was not livable housing for missionaries. But oh well, every morning I wake up to take a cold shower I just think to myself, 'only 8 more months and you'll be back to hot showers, cool sleeping, and a bed that's not broken.' It's keeping me sane for now. I am studying a lot about the Atonement and getting a better feel for Christ and His suffering. It's really impossible to fully comprehend, but I feel like for once in my life I'm starting to scratch the surface of it all. Anyways, everything here is gonna be fine! Love you guys so much. Tell Baxter I miss him!!!! Thank you for everything and the help and support. Bless up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment