Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, October 24, 2016

A View of St. Vincent

No explanation came with this picture from Rob, but it looks like a great view of Campden Park, St. Vincent, from a rooftop. In my email to him, I reflected on the question of whether he would have gone on his mission had he known how hard it would be - and then the bigger question, would any of us have volunteered to come to earth had we known the challenges we'd face. In his notes he addressed these questions and gave us an update on his work in the West Indies. But first, his reflections on vine swinging: "Hahaha. O, man, the vine swinging was a blast! And yes, of course I was being careful >.>... We're going on another hike with Omari on Wednesday too, so there will be plenty more vine swinging! X-P Cool thing we learned about Omari this week is that apparently his dad is a member! Haha. Had no idea! I don't think he's active any more, but he was the branch president at the Calliaqua Branch awhile ago. Lol. Pretty cool, right??? We had brought up baptism again with Omari and he still wants to read through the Book of Mormon before he gets baptized, which is a good thing, I guess. Lol. I wanted to bring up the Alma scripture that talks about not procrastinating the day of your repentance, but something (I'm assuming the Spirit) held me back. I don't know, we'll see what happens, I guess. All in all what it comes down to is him feeling the Spirit for himself through his actions. Hopefully we can help him recognize that, but we'll see. As far as me coming out knowing what lies ahead? I don't know. Probably not... but then again I haven't gotten a chance to see the blessings that come after, so I guess I shouldn't say that quite as yet. Ya, 5 months will go by super quick, I'm sure! I had a dream last night that I was back home and I didn't have anything to do and I was feeling, like, sad cuz I didn't have anything to do. Haha. It was weird, but ya... I hope to avoid that. I've heard that a lot of the empowerment of the Spirit leaves you as soon as you get released, but I'm hoping to hang on to some of those good habits when I get home. I like the thought of becoming a better disciple of Christ. I mean, I guess no one can really be perfect, right? But as long as we are trying our best, Christ will make up for everything else. Things here are good, though. I'm just trying to be diligent and hopefully see some success with some of our investigators. As far as school goes, I was wondering what the chances of getting into Utah State would be? I hear they have a great computer science program and it sounds like a good location, I just don't know how likely it is I'll get in there. I was thinking overall just maybe apply to everywhere and then make a decision from there, ya know? Thanks for the inspiring words! Really do appreciate it. I will continue doing my best out here and hope to come home and make you guys proud! Thanks for everything. I'll have more info next week. Sorry for such a short email today. Take care!"









No comments:

Post a Comment