Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Back in Castries





















Because of the holiday Monday, P-day was pushed to Wednesday this week, which happens to be my birthday. What a great way to celebrate, receiving emails from Rob! Since he last wrote, he has traveled to his new location in Castries, St. Lucia, where he served a year ago. Not sure, but I think the above pictures were taken as he said goodbyes to friends in St. Vincent. Here are his notes from today:

“HAPPY BDAYYYYYYYY!!!!! How’s the day been so far??? My flight was good! Although I tried to smuggle Michelangelo [the turtle] onto the plane and he sadly passed away :_( O well, may he rest in peace. The airlines however did lose my bag. Haha. Took 4 DAYS to get it back -____- . So I was wearing the same clothes for 4 days which was really rough. :( And no, sadly nothing all that exciting for New Years. Except getting woken up by fireworks. Haha. Sounded like they were right next to me! My companion is... well he’s green. Thinks he has the mission all figured out and doesn't want to listen to anything I have to say :/ It’s pretty annoying but what can you do? I’m just going to continue to do what I think is right. My apartment is again one of those apartments with no A/C and no warm water -_____-. BUT meeting everyone back here in Castries was a BLAST! Johnathan's family has moved up to Rodney Bay, and that just so happens to be the area I’m called to! Haha. #blessings. So we took Johnathan out teaching with us which was nice!
O man! It was so cool to see all the familiar faces at church on Sunday! Lots of warm greetings and of course I got to hang out with Johnathan and his family. We also got to eat lunch at Christina’s house and had a little talk about baptizing the kids.  Hope that goes through. Ya, it’s too bad Elder Lameta went home for medical. Gonna miss that guy. :/ And yup, Kuru is the new AP, Which is really nice! Maybe now I’ll have some good things come my way. Haha. I just hope I can stay here. And yes, Jonathan is in the branch presidency! Pretty cool, right!? It was fun to see him up there. Haha. I got to give a talk on Sunday about repentance as well. lol. I had forgotten my bag with my talk in it so I just had to wing it. :P A few people enjoyed it, they were probably just being nice tho. I like your thoughts about change. It's such a blessing to know that as human beings we have the capability of forming our own future. We have the mindset to make changes in our lives and get on track to where it is we want to be. We truly are so blessed to have the that option in our lives. And Lily is right, everyone should have a tutu while making pancakes. Bahaha! tell me all about your bday fun! I hope your birthday is one to remember! How’s Baxter holding up??? I think it’s his birthday too, if I’m not mistaken. ;) Haha. I’ll try to attach more photos for you, :) see if I can get the wifi password here. If not I’ll give them to ya on Friday when we have zone conference. Regarding this year’s study in the Doctrine and Covenants, it is a hard book to study. But the priesthood is so so so essential in Heavenly Father’s plan for us on Earth. It is sobering to know that Christ Himself couldn't give himself the Priesthood. To me it gives an example of how honorable it is to hold such a responsibility. It is the key to exaltation, the key to eternal life. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about all the things that are set into motion for this life on earth to work. It truly is an amazing system the God has laid out and I am so proud to be a part of it. Take care! Love you guys!”


Rob’s pictures didn’t come through, so I am including the photo I sent him of Lily making pancakes in her tutu, plus another picture of Rob with his last companion, Elder Jones.





No comments:

Post a Comment