Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, January 30, 2017

One month to go!


Rob had a good week, including Nutella Cheesecake. Gotta get his recipe! Here are his notes from St. Lucia: “Hey! Well, I’m glad everything went well with Nana’s surgery! [Roger’s mom had oral surgery last week.] I was worrying about that and hoping it would be okay! Congrats on the 45th wedding anniversary, though! That’s cool you guys got to have some time for that. Sounds like things have been very busy over there. Hope you get some time to yourself every once in a while. :/ Maybe I can help with that when I get home! As for the snail mail, I usually get it like a month later or sometimes just a few weeks, but ya, it’s usually way later when I receive it so don’t worry about it. You have a lot to do as it is and I always know you care about me. I’ll try to send more pics your way! I’ll do better this week, promise! [Still waiting for pictures.] But I need to be selective as to which ones I send now, so that I don’t get my uglies on Facebook anymore [See last week’s post]. Hahaha! Glad you got the info about the departure date [March 2]. It sounds pretty solid but with my history I try not to get my hopes up, ya know? I don’t think 4 weeks qualifies me as a short-timer, but I am hoping to finish strong! This week Elder Hendricks and I made a cheesecake for an investigator. Bahaha. With a LOT of help from Sister Tasha! She made it look nice and pretty. Lol. It’s a Nutella cheesecake. :O So bomb! Haha. And again, I have a lot of respect for all the cooks and chefs in the world! You guys are truly amazing. I don’t know how you do it. But we made two cheesecakes because we needed to make sure the other one tasted good, you know?! ;) We are going to give it to her either today or tomorrow, and hopefully she likes it. Her name is Kiki, short for Kianna. She is a less active member’s daughter. Thanks for all your good ideas on finishing strong. I will be sure to put it into practice in this last month. I’ll crank it out hard for the last little bit! Love you guys! I hope you have a great, stress-free week!”

No comments:

Post a Comment