Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Success in Rodney Bay





















Here are Rob’s notes from St. Lucia this week. Counting down to March 2nd:
“This was actually a really good week! We were able to get a less active out to church and she brought her 12-year-old UNBAPTIZED daughter with her! :D Haha. Notice the emphasis there? ;) Also our friend Link (yes he is named after the Zelda games) was able to make it out. His whole family is baptized and VERY active except him but he comes to church and sits in with the FHE's and all that. We're hoping he starts to soften his heart here pretty soon. :P SO! 2 investigators at church this Sunday! Not too shabby :) I’m hoping one of them will get baptized by the end of next month (hopefully before I leave.) Yes, our little area of Rodney Bay is seeing some success! The branch is getting a LOT bigger! The new branch presidency is being run by the senior couple missionary, Elder Leavitt, and it seems super smooth these days. We had 61 at church on Sunday, too! :O that’s huge compared to other places :D Johnathan and I got to go on splits twice this week which was really cool! He also came out with us on Saturday and we had a lot of fun! He’s an excellent person to take out teaching with you!
That’s nice that you guys got some rain though! I rarely get to hear about that. I was just thinking the other day about how I miss actual cold rain that lasts for more than 2 minutes. Haha. Normally here it'll rain for a few seconds then be blazing hot, then rain for a few seconds, then be blazing hot, etc. You get the picture. :P The pics I sent happened when we were going to teach a lesson but the investigator (Pinky) needed a few extra minutes. We asked if we could help but she said she didn't need it so we went on a little adventure. Lol. We found this big tall grass field and took it for a photo op. Haha. And yes, I am trying to not be too trunky but it is difficult. I’d be lying if I said I didn't think about it regularly. Luckily I have a diligent companion who keeps the work strong. :) I’ll do my best though. Thanks for everything! Love you guys!”






No comments:

Post a Comment