Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Rodney Bay, St. Lucia

A picture of Rodney Bay. 
Rodney Bay is just north and a little east of Castries, the capital of St. Lucia.
The Piton Mountains are near the southwest coast of the island.


Rob is doing well, loving the people and the island of St. Lucia. Here are his notes from this week: “Heyyyy, so first things first. I ended up calling President Herrington after zone conference and told him I want to take my 30 days early. We’ll see how it goes, but if it goes through I’ll be home on February 18th. Sorry for the surprise. I just wanna get my life started. Lol.  Things with the companion have gotten a lot better. Tender mercies. I’ve made sure he knows the importance of Johnathan’s family and their potential, so that's good. :) And yes, it was a sweet reunion with them! The work here is difficult actually. :/ A lot of our investigators are showing small potential, kind of a bummer. But I think we have a few that might be ready to get baptized, only time will tell. As far as St. Lucia though, I’m in the same branch I was in before, but in a different area! :) Pretty cool! Before, I was in the Sunny Acres area next to San Souci, but now I’m little more up north (where Johnathan moved). St. Lucia is a pretty beautiful place to be. Elder Hendricks and I made a deal that if we taught 4 lessons we would go on a hike during the week. Haha. So that’ll be cool and I’ll be sure to send a bunch of photos of that. AND, I plan on hiking the Pitons this time around! Hopefully I’ll get the chance to do that one of these P-days. This week we got a chance to spend some time with Christina and her family. Also, Johnathan and I went on splits so just he and I got to go out teaching which was also way fun! I’m glad things with Nana are getting better. I always am hoping and praying that she will settle down a bit and will be able to just be comfortable and happy with the time she has left. The Lord does give us plenty of opportunities to grow and become better. I am grateful for Him and His patience with us. I know it can’t be easy, but somehow He does it! I’m excited to see you in less than 6 weeks if my 30 days goes through! Lemme know if there’s anything I can do to help! Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I’m not disappointing you by taking my 30 days early. :/ I’m just ready to get started on life, you know? Thanks for all the support, though. Love you guys! I’m gonna get those photos off to ya asap! :) Thanks again! Bless up!” 


No comments:

Post a Comment