Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Leaving Black Rock

Black Rock was good for Rob, and Rob was good for Black Rock. From the picture above, looks like the branch members there were sad to see him go. He is now assigned to a neighboring parish. Christ Church is just south and east of Bridgetown, which is the capital of Barbados (see map below). Here are his latest emails, fresh off the internet: "The move went well! My companion is an awesome, super humble guy. I'll be sure to send you plenty of pics. The coolest part is that the branch is very self-sustaining, so I don't have to take care of everything anymore :D. We we are blanking the area, meaning that we are both brand new missionaries to the area so we have been going door to door A LOT! Haha. It's cool though. We've found some cool people. Just excited to get the ball rolling and get some solid people to see. Everything else is good. Training isn't super hard. Oh yeah - I wanted to know how to make those chicken-in-dumplings? Are they super hard to make?" To Roger he wrote, "The responsibilities aren't too bad, but blanking the area has been pretty tough :P. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it figured out. The Spirit works in weird ways sometimes, but I can definitely feel it working with me every day. Love being out here and learning more about the gospel too. Like I'm figuring out sooooooo much more about everything since I've been here. It's crazy. Lots of deep doctrine and stuff :). Hope all is well! Been missing home this week. Glad to hear everyone's doing well! Give Baxter a big hug from me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment