Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, August 24, 2015

More Blessings Than You Have Room For

Rob seems to be thriving in his new area. I asked him about whether he would be teaching seminary again, and he was happy to report that the branch in Christ Church pretty much runs itself - so he won't be needed in seminary. The photo above is of Rob with his new companion, Elder Kuru, from Sydney, Australia. Here are the rest of Rob's notes home this week: Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna try my best to recreate it. I can't remember who it was, but somebody cooked for me the other day and it was sooooo bomb. Tasted like home lol. Obviously not as good as anything you make but close enough. haha. Hurricane Danny isn't gonna touch Barbados, I guess. Apparently all the storms miss us. And you better believe the Bajans take pride in that as well. "Nothin' touches Barbados, mon!" haha. Gotta love it. And yes, I did get the stink book [a book written and illustrated by Rob's niece, Lyla, 5. Don't ask]. It was hilarious! I read it every once in a while when I'm having a bad day and it always brings my spirits up. Haven't heard of the "My Plan" thing yet but they'll probably start implementing it with the new missionaries [a new program to help missionaries transition after their service]. Speaking of new missionaries, we're getting 24 greenies next transfer then 20 more the next transfer O.O I don't know where they are gonna put them all. lol We've set a few baptismal dates and things are flowing pretty well. It's funny you mention that it takes a year to get the hang of things cuz this past week I've really been learning more than usual. Probably cuz I don't have a companion who knows a whole lot scripture wise, so it's made me step my game up. But holy crap, I can preach the gosel so much better now. Like back it up and everything. It's really cool. That little book Nate sent me has been like my Bible out here. I'm using it to answer all the questions people have here. Ya know, even if I don't convert anyone out here (which I really hope I can), I know that my testimony is growing significantly every day. Like it's insane how much you get the chance to learn out here. lol I'm learning so much more in this past week than I have throughout my mission. It's like it all just started pouring into me. I don't know where it comes from. Like, you know when the scriptures talk about bringing souls unto him and how youll receive blessings with more than you have room for? That's how I feel when it comes to all this knowledge I'm gaining right now. I hope I can keep that going. Its really nice. Thanks again for the support. It's really what keeps me going sometimes, so thank you. I appreciate the prayers. I can feel em making a difference out here as I serve. lol Funny story: I had a lesson with a Rasta the other day, and was talking totally "white guy" language to him but after the closing prayer we were getting on our bikes and I yell at him "celasee i, jah bless, one love brada." bahaha. He's was like "No way. He's a true Bajan!" lol Kinda funny. But ya, I'm a true Bajan now apparently. Anyway, jah bless, one love ;) Tell Baxter I miss him a lot btw. And all of you as well. lol. My cricket game is not as good as I'd like it to be but my volleyball game is on point, which is more important anyway. Welllllll, I miss everybody back home a bunch and wish I could be there, but I got important work out here I still have to do. Give Baxter a treat for me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment