Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Monkeying Around

As you will see from Rob's email, he is not just monkeying around in Barbados. But monkeys were involved this week - along with cricket and Kadooment Day. Here are his notes from the field: "The baptism is gonna be this Saturday and it's still on. Pretty exciting! My zone leader and I went on the trade offs yesterday and he told me he's gonna request to have me as his companion. Lol. So I might have to be a zone leader next transfer :/. Gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, things here are good. Vanique's little bro just got the priesthood on Sunday, which was REALLY cool! Ummm... I just finished Corinthians and I think that's my favorite book in the New Testament! But yeah, the transfer is still up in the air. I don't know where I'll be going yet but we'll find out next week. Oh yeah! I got to hold a monkey the other day! :O Pretty much the coolest thing ever!!! Haha. It was so rad!!!! I want one so bad." I asked Rob in my email if he had been playing cricket, as I saw pictures of him with other missionaries on Facebook, taken by a branch member. In reference to the photos below, he explained why he looks like he's playing baseball with a cricket bat: "We were playing cricket. Lol. I'm such a boss at cricket, even if I am not 'holding the bat the right way' I still smash that cricket ball. It's funny whenever someone here says they are going to watch cricket they don't say, 'I'm going to watch a cricket game,' they say, 'I'm going to watch the cricket,' or 'gonna go to the cricket.' Just a fun fact. And yeah, we had to leave Black Rock for Crop Over [the celebration that concludes with Kadooment Day, a large celebration similar to Carnival in other countries]. I guess the women don't wear any clothes when they are in the parade. Lol. Hope all is well. Take care of Bax for meeee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment