Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Transfer, Trainer, Tender Mercies

Rob was transferred this week, but only into a neighboring community in Barbados. We had lots of questions for him this week, regarding the potential baptism Saturday and the transfer. Here are his answers: "Our baptism got cancelled :P. O Well. He ended up smoking weed on Kadooment Day. And yes, I'll be moving just next door into the Christ Church area. lol. Not much of a change, considering the Black Rock area and Christ Church areas touch, but apparently I'll be training a Polynesian from Australia. Don't know how good of a trainer I'll be, but we'll see how it goes. haha. There is a new address to send snail mail: Barbados Bridgetown Mission, Trident Insurance Financial Centre, Hastings, Christ Church BB 15154, Barbados. Thought you'd like to know. [NOTE: Rob's old mailing address was the address of a senior missionary couple, who are finishing their mission and going home. His new mailing address is the mission home in Barbados. See also sidebar to the right of this post.] I've been reading Jesus the Christ lately. I'm about half way through it and I can't seem to put it down. Lol. It was cool, Damian was asking about the meaning of the name Elohim, and I was at home trying to find an answer for him and I opened up Jesus the Christ and it just like popped out at me. Tender mercies, I'll tell ya what. Just got a call in the middle of this email and apparently I'm gonna be the Christ Church district leader as well. :P Yikes!" In reply to Roger's email, he wrote, "Member referrals make a HUGE difference, just cuz it makes the new investigator feel super comfortable. Thanks for the constant emails. It seriously makes my week, even though I probably don't show it. There is so much that I am learning and I continue to learn as I'm out here and everything points in the same direction: that God is real and this is His church, restored here on the earth today. I feel so blessed to have grown up in the gospel, just because I'm not sure if I would've found it on my own. So thank you for having the courage to set those standards for me. I appreciate it! Anyways, hope all is well. Tell Bax I miss him, and Bentley too... poor Bentley. Tell Baxter not to worry about the monkeys, that they will be like brothers ;)."

No comments:

Post a Comment