Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Exploding Head, Inspired Blessing, Food Fantasies

Another amazing week for Rob in Barbados. Here is his email from this morning: "This week has been CRAZYYYYYY. haha So much deep doctrine that my head is gonna explode. For some reason the Lord seemed it fit to put all the Bible experts in Barbados in my path. lol And just when I thought it was all over yesterday we had an investigator start talking about the Apocrypha lol -____-. Good stuff. I'm learning a lot, that's for sure. The sister missionaries in my district called me up and asked if I could give a blessing for their investigator which was really cool. You know how like when people say, 'O, don't worry, the Spirit will tell you what to say?' I have NEVER felt that before until this last blessing we gave. Like, I just opened my mouth and the Lord poured stuff out. By the end everyone was in tears (except me of course, cuz I'm too tough for that ;)) and the lady said her leg was like fully healed the next morning and was up walking around. PRETTY AMAZING! But ya, other than that I was wondering if you guys could help me with some like DEEP DEEP doctrine stuff. Just share your knowledge with me so I can have more insight and more tools in my arsenal haha. Should've taken advantage of you while I was back home. lol. I've been just getting thrashed on the Old Testament lately. I remember my companion telling me there's really no point in studying it, so I payed it no mind. But now I'm like getting it thrown in my face constantly, that and the Apocrypha :P. So if you could throw some knowledge my way that would be greatly appreciated. Mainly, I'm trying to get the lineage in order, like I guess I never understood the whole 12 tribes of Israel thing, what with Abraham and Isaac and all that. Like, did you know Ishmael is the son of Isaac [I'm sure he meant Abraham. lol.] and that is what the Muslim religion stems from!? You probably already knew that, but to me it was a trip to see how all these different religions are tied together like that. And how we all just keep branching off from one another. haha. Pretty sure my brain is gonna explode if I get confronted with another Old Testament Bible bash. Miss you guys and can't wait to come back to a home cooked meal again. Me and Elder Kuru have been fantasizing about real food all week. Well, but anyways, love you guys and hope all is well. Tell all the kids that I can smell 'em from Barbados and they all STINK! O, and tell Baxter he's wise and that I love him. haha."

No comments:

Post a Comment