Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Experimenting Upon the Word

Thanks to Brother Stewart from St. Georges for this picture of Rob. He went with the missionaries to play cricket on P-day today and posted this shot on Facebook. Yesterday was a public holiday, Whit Monday, in Grenada, so emails came in today. Here are his notes from today: "I didn't even know what Whit Monday meant until you told me. Haha, ya, seems like there is a holiday every week here! Any excuse people have to get work off, I feel. The successes here are few but the little miracles are the ones I tend to hold onto. The work here is progressing. We got Sister Jenny (Brother Allison's ex wife) to start coming back to church, but they don't like seeing each other so they come every other week. haha. I taught the Gospel Principles class on Sunday (and gave a talk, lol) but the subject was on scripture study, so I got a chance to share my experience as to how scripture study is essential in seeing blessings in our life. So in the middle of the lesson I felt inspired to share Alma 32, about experimenting on the word. I then asked the class by a raise of hands IF we held a scripture study on Saturdays who would go? EVERYONE (all 7 of them, haha) raised their hands! It was pretty cool. So this Saturday we're gonna have like a deep clean of the church and a scripture study and a dinner. It'll be cool. Sister Jenny volunteered to make pizza from scratch if we provided ingredients so that'll be fun, I think. I told them something along the lines of "Put God's word to the test. When He makes promises He will always deliver! Let's read the scriptures once a week together and see how it blesses us." I'm just hoping people will show. lol. I'm assuming that if food is involved people will be more geared towards going. :P I know those Skype calls give me like a serious boost! They pump me up (especially when I get to see Baxter. And NO, you cannot spoil him enough. He deserves all the attention in the world. Poor Bax!) Not too upset about missing Billy Joel. lol. Not as upset as seeing that you guys have latest Star Wars movie on blu ray.... Broke my heart a little, but that's ok. lol. But other than that things here are good. I get to thinking, man just a few more months and I'll be outta here and back home in a bed with A/C and TV to watch and games to play and I'll get to start school and progress my life. It's gonna be awesome! haha. It probably won't be as glorious as I perceive it to be but I can dream, right? haha. I don't know, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be here and to do the work, but sometimes just relaxing and hanging out with family/friends is very appealing, ya know!? Anyway, enough of my trunky talk. Just know I miss you and love you guys (especially Bax). Thanks for all the support and the help from home. I only got what? like 9 more months to go? Not too bad, eh? Just now ;) Love you guys! Keep on fighting the good fight, haha! One love, bless up, JAH BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment