Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Successes in Gouyave

Another week in Gouyave, Grenada, and no new pictures to share - but Rob sounds great and we are excited for his successes. Here are his emails from this week: "Holaaaaa. Haha. It's been a good P-day! We just met up at the St. Georges chapel and played ping pong. It was funny watching these big Polynesian dudes trying to navigate a light little ball on a table. All they really know how to do is smash things... hard! So that was fun. The scripture study thing was good. Three people showed up! More than I thought would come. Lol. So that was cool. They said they wanna continue it, so that'll be nice. We started the Book of Mormon, and by that I mean we went through the Intro/8&3 witnesses/Joseph Smith's testimony. It was cool. I barely had to do any speaking. Everyone was just kinda like, "How could the Book of Mormon NOT be true? Look at all these witnesses!" Lol. I kinda gave a little insight on how one of the witnesses stood in front of a court of law testifying of the truthfulness of the translation. They found that interesting. One thing that stood out as we were reading to them was that it says in the introduction that basically it works WITH the Bible.... Imagine that, eh? -___- I can't tell you how many times people say the Book of Mormon is our Bible. Lol. "Where's dee Mormon Bible!?" Haha. The whole group was like, "People need to read this so they can know!" I'm thinking to myself, "If only it were that easy. Haha." Other than that, we had Brother Allison AND Sister Jenny come to church on Sunday, along with Dwight (another less-active member), so that was cool! Sister Jenny gave a talk which was nice and I could really feel the Spirit in the room while she gave it. Ya, I know it's a good work that's being done out here and I'm seeing the positives, as hard as it is. Lol. Hopefully these next 9 months will be a breeze and will just fly by, you know? Just gotta keep getting lost in the work and I should be just fine. That's cool that they're implementing the self reliance program in the states nowadays. I could see it being very beneficial for our country. My testimony really has been growing out here more than I could ever imagine. I can feel the Lord shaping me into what I need to be. In the good times and the bad, in fact especially the bad... funny how that works out, eh? I just hope I can do a good job and leave with no regrets! But I love you guys and can't wait to see you again. Thanks for everything! Bye."
Since Rob has not sent any photos in a few weeks, I decided to troll the internet for a picture of the KFC in St. Georges. There is no fast food in Gouyave, but once a week on P-day he is usually in St. Georges, and usually visits the KFC. He says they do not have anything but chicken and biscuits - no other sides. And asking for a particular piece of chicken doesn't mean you get that piece. Nevertheless, he loves it, and it's nice to see his P-day hangout.

No comments:

Post a Comment