Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Black Rock, Barbados

Mondays are preparation days in the West Indies Mission, which means we look forward to emails from Rob on Monday each week. Here is today's note, with answers to a few questions about how the work is going in Black Rock, Barbados: "Heyyyyy, it's been great here! Just soaking up the lifestyle here in Black Rock, Barbados. haha. People here are so proud to be Barbadians, or "Basians" as they like to call themselves. I've pretty much been eating regular food considering I don't know how to make anything and neither does Elder Wilson. I did have a drink called Mauby. haha. It was different but I kinda liked it. We have a guy called Jeff that is a member that goes around and teaches with us. He apparently got into an accident a while back and isn't right in the head but he's soooooo awesome and I love teaching with him even though I can't understand a word he says. haha. So word has it that Barbados is the hardest language to understand because the people's slang just shortens every word as much as possible. Like Black Rock is pronounced "blah-rah." lol. But some people are easier than others, so that's nice. We have about 10 investigators, 2 of which seem to be really solid, just need to start getting them to come to church. Tell Baxter i miss him :( and the family too i guess ;). It feels weird being out here but I'm just trying the best I can to get lost in the work so I don't think about time so much. It's funny how much it rains here, like one minute it's sunshine then the next it'll rain like super hard! It'll only last about 5 -10 minutes usually, but it's really random. lol. Anyways, hope all is well." Then a second short email: "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I have a biking mission. haha. It's actually really fun getting around and getting the workout in every day." We are so glad Rob is doing well and enjoying his area. Hope to hear more from him next week. Below is a map of Barbados, with the Black Rock (Blah Rah) area of Bridgetown marked. I include the map for those who are keeping track, or in case you are playing advanced Trivia Crack and need it for a Geography answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment