Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Fireflies are Real

The first part of Rob's email today was directed to the dog. Not surprising. Each of Rob's emails has directed a greeting to the dog. I sent him this picture of Baxter, which is Baxter in a typical pose. The post script below may be very upsetting to Baxter, so we are not sharing it with him. Nor do I plan on doing any research as requested. We are looking forward to a call or Skype on Mother's Day. Rob's email is quoted here: "Bahahaha yessssss Baxterrrrrrr! Tell him I miss him. Sorry if I can't answer all your questions. It took me 20 min to read all the emails. lol. Things here are good! Elder Wilson and I had lunch with a sister from the branch who fed all the missionaries in our district. It was really good! (Not as good as your food tho) ;) What can I say? Mormons can cook. haha. As far as Skype goes, you might wanna send me your Skype name just in case, so I have it. Otherwise, the Skype name we use is given to us by the Church so I don't know what it is yet. Sooooo, something new? I am starting to get better at learning the language here. Which is sometimes seriously the most broken English ever. haha. I saw fireflies for the first time a while ago. Not sure if I already told you that. Nobody ever told me they were real. lol. I always thought they were just something out of cartoons, so as you can imagine it was a trip to see them for the first time in real life. haha. We were teaching a girl named Otasha when I first saw one and I was like "Whoa! No way! Are those fireflies!???" She then gave me this look like "Are you from Mars?" and was like "Ya, they're a nuisance." bahahaha. Shows how much I know. One of the sisters from the branch gave me some guava cheese which is basically candy, but it's sooooo bomb. Also these things called tamarind balls. lol. She's the same lady that gave me mauby syrup to try, so that was awesome. And no, I haven't gotten any of your snail mail yet. I haven't gotten anything from anyone :_( Probably takes a while to get here or something. :P O, I'm reading the Book of Mormon, like thoroughly, and every time I have a question I can ask Elder Wilson, who's like a scripture wiz! haha. But I'm just trying to get people to church here which is harder than it seems. We had three families on Saturday that told us they were going to for sure be there and then none of them showed up, which was kinda a bummer, but what can you do? I don't know if I'm gonna get any baptisms in this area but to me it really doesn't matter. I hope I can just leave them with a good impression about the Church. Anyways, I g2g but I'll see u next week! PS: O hey, I almost forgot, this is very urgent and important! I need you to find the paperwork/ requirements for having a pet monkey in the United States! I'm gonna catch myself a monkey at the end of my mission to bring back or maybe after my mission is done. Any research you can do would be greatly appreciated.
This is a picture of an actual Barbados Monkey. Rob did not take this picture. But if he wants, I will frame it and put it up in his room in lieu of a real monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment