Rob is serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the West Indies. This blog will contain his letters home. He is doing a great work, and would love to hear from you!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Superheroes, canine and otherwise

Another email from Rob, sent to his dad later today: "I got some extra time. Mostly when I'm bored I just end up reading the scriptures. I'm starting to learn a lot about them (chronologically that is). It's too bad I didnt let u guys teach me more when I had the time. haha. O well, I'm here now doing it. Customs of the people here are a little different. No one gets married here which leads to a LOT of single parent families. We however just started teaching this guy named Troy. It's funny, cuz we had 15 min left in our day and we never go home early, and we've been trying to contact this guy since we met him for like a week. and just couldn't get a hold of him. So in our last 15 min we went to this little hole in the wall marketplace to pick up some bread and sure enough there he was. haha. Diligence is so key. Anyway we just had our first lesson with him that got interputed by some Jehovah's Witnesses coming in and bombarding the lesson. haha. But he was pretty put out when they told him super hero movies were an act of the devil, so I used that as my oppertunity to come in and say that basically that's the most crazy thing I've ever heard, and that super hero movies are awesome. lol. Anway, we're going to give his wife a blessing on Thursday or Friday. She's in the hospital with ataxia? I haven't ever heard of it but maybe u guys can do some research on it. So hopefully we can pull off some serious miracles and show this guy what the light of Christ is really all about. You know, clean up the confusion ;) haha. Anyway, tell Baxter I miss him and that he's the king of the world and the creator of all things that have to do with awesomeness and the light of my life <3 and that he's misunderstood and deserves a throne. lol O, also so awesome to hear about Brandon! [Rob's brother-in-law, who has had a medical breakthrough after a blessing.] Hope he recovers quickly! k g2g this time for real, but I'm excited to hear from u next week."

No comments:

Post a Comment